From Lilibet Foster:
“PUBLIC FARM 1: THE MAKING OF AN URBAN FARM”
Oct. 22 at 7:15 pm & Oct. 23* at 6:00 pm at Tribeca Film Center & Nov. 5* (11:00 am) at IFC Film Center.
**The architects and filmmakers (that’s me) will be doing Q&As after the Oct. 23 and Nov. 5 screenings.
“Public Farm 1: The Making of an Urban Farm” is about the building of a biodegradable farm in the heart of New York City. For architects Dan Wood and Amale Andraos and their firm, WorkAC, winning MoMA PS1’s prestigious Young Architect Program was their chance to build their winning concept – a giant, elevated, self-sufficient farm (including egg hatching chicken), designed to provide a party space for young hipsters, and bring produce to the nearby community. The only problem was that few architects, not even the renowned Shigeru Ban, had used cardboard tubes as a central structural element. The film tells the story of how Dan and Amale and their team, tackled technical difficulties, bad weather and a tight deadline to pull it off.
Filmmaker: Academy Award nominated, Lilibet Foster and Production Company: Multiple Award Winning, Radical Media.
Tickets are available for the —
Architecture and Design Film Festival (ADFF) screening Oct. 22 at 7:15 pm & Oct. 23* at 6:00 pm at Tribeca Film Center.
DocNYC Film Festival screening Nov. 5* (11:00 am) at IFC Film Center.
Director and Producer
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.