Update from Peter Barca (FB):
Robert Golden, dean of the UW Medical College said the bill would shut down Wisconsin’s internationally lauded, cutting-edge biotech research. Golden said the bill’s introduction increases the uncertainty of stem cell research in WI, leading scientists to consider leaving the state to do their work in a more hospitable environment. It appears this bill is already effecting UW and MCW so what step do you believe the GOP will take next?
Republicans Could Ban Stem Cell Research in Wisconsin
Vaguely written bill would have ‘catastrophic’ impact on biotech industry
By Lisa Kaiser
More than 60 Republican legislators have signed on to a bill that would ban stem cell research in the state.
Supported by the extremist anti-abortion group Pro-Life Wisconsin, the bill would criminalize the sale or use of tissue from a fetus that had been aborted.
But the ban doesn’t stop there.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.