Update from Peter Barca (FB):
Robert Golden, dean of the UW Medical College said the bill would shut down Wisconsin’s internationally lauded, cutting-edge biotech research. Golden said the bill’s introduction increases the uncertainty of stem cell research in WI, leading scientists to consider leaving the state to do their work in a more hospitable environment. It appears this bill is already effecting UW and MCW so what step do you believe the GOP will take next?
Republicans Could Ban Stem Cell Research in Wisconsin
Vaguely written bill would have ‘catastrophic’ impact on biotech industry
By Lisa Kaiser
More than 60 Republican legislators have signed on to a bill that would ban stem cell research in the state.
Supported by the extremist anti-abortion group Pro-Life Wisconsin, the bill would criminalize the sale or use of tissue from a fetus that had been aborted.
But the ban doesn’t stop there.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.