Labor Movement Against the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline
We are active members, shop stewards, staff and elected local, regional and national officers of unions and workers’ organizations based in the United States.
We urge the State Department and the President not to grant approval of the Keystone XL pipeline.
In so doing, we stand in solidarity with the Tar Sands workers in Alberta represented by the Canadian Energy and Paperworkers Union; the Alberta Federation of Labour, and the Canadian Labour Congress. We commend those unions and individual trade unionists in the U.S. for actively and publicly opposing the Keystone XL Pipeline.
We also stand in solidarity with First Nations and other communities whose families and livelihoods have been harmed by the Tar Sands. By opposing Keystone XL (and the proposed Enbridge pipeline across British Columbia) we join with those farmers, ranchers, and community members who live along the route and are concerned about the damage that spills from the pipeline will have on their water and land. And we add our voices to those in the environmental movements in the US and Canada who unequivocally oppose Keystone XL because it will have serious environmental, climate change, pollution and health impacts.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.