From “U.S. Accuses Iranians of Plotting to Kill Saudi Envoy,” in today’s NYTimes:
“Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton expressed her incredulity in an interview with The Associated Press.
“’The idea that they would attempt to go to a Mexican drug cartel to solicit murder-for-hire to kill the Saudi ambassador, nobody could make that up, right?’ she asked, also saying that the plot ‘crosses a line that Iran needs to be held to account for.'”
From Citizens for Legitimate Government (CLG):
Biden: ‘Nothing Off the Table’ After Iran D.C. Terror Plot 12 Oct 2011 Vice President Joe Biden said today that “nothing has been taken off the table” when it comes to the U.S. response to an alleged plot by Iran to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the U.S. and unleash deadly terrorist bombings in Washington, D.C. “It is an outrageous act that the Iranians are going to have to be held accountable,” Biden told ABC News’ “Good Morning America”. “This is really over the top.” [No kidding—MCM]
U.S. aims to “unite the world” against Iran 12 Oct 2011 The Obama administration plans to leverage charges that Iran plotted to assassinate Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the United States into a new global campaign to isolate the Islamic republic. “It’s critically important that we unite the world in the isolation of and dealing with the Iranians,” Vice President Joe Biden said on “The Early Show” Wednesday. U.S. officials say the administration will lobby for the imposition of new international sanctions as well as for individual nations to expand their own penalties against Iran based on allegations that Iranian agents tried to recruit a purported member of a Mexican drug cartel to kill the Saudi envoy on American soil.
Iran summons Swiss envoy 12 Oct 2011 Iran’s Foreign Ministry has summoned the Swiss envoy to protest US allegations of Tehran’s involvement in a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to Washington. During the meeting, the head of the North America Bureau of the Iranian Foreign Ministry said that since the victory of the Islamic Revolution, Iran has been among the main victims of terrorist activities of terrorist groups sponsored by the United States. “Iran, therefore, condemns the baseless claims made by the US government… and warns against the repetition of such politically motivated allegations,” a Foreign Ministry statement said on Wednesday.
One Comment to “Iran’s “Mexican connection”—a plot as deadly as it is believable! (3 items)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.