First Mexican truck under NAFTA heads to U.S. interior
By Chris Woodyard
For the first time under the North American Free Trade Agreement, a
Mexican tractor-trailer has crossed the border into the U.S. on its way
into the country’s interior.
Others may range across the United States, but this first truck wasn’t
going all that far: Dallas. It was carrying a steel drilling structure,
according to the Associated Press. Still, that’s a lot farther than a
narrow strip along the border in which Mexican trucks have been confined
in the past.
The NAFTA trucking program was stalled for more than a decade by
American opponents who said it would put highway safety and American
jobs at risk.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.