From Phil Aroneanu:
It’s time for environmentalists to join the fight to restore America’s democracy from the stranglehold of big polluters and corporations. From Keystone XL lobbyists to Big Coal, corporations have polluted our atmosphere and our political process. Join us in fighting back.
This WEDNESDAY we will see the biggest “Occupy Wall Street” march yet, from City Hall to Wall Street starting at 4:30 p.m.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 5th, 4:30 PM
WHAT: 350.org will lead a contingent of climate activists in the march, and we want you there with us. LOOK FOR THE BIG BLUE 350 FLAG to join the climate contingent! (or call Phil, 202 556 3350)
WHERE: City Hall, 250 Broadway, New York City, NY 10007 (Map)
What is Occupy Wall Street?
For two weeks, protestors in Liberty Plaza have been calling for a better America—a government that listens to and takes care of its people, instead of being bought-out by and pandering to big corporations.
What does Occupy Wall Street have to do with climate activism?
From Bill McKibben: “For too long, Wall Street has been occupying the offices of our government, and the cloakrooms of our legislatures. They’ve been a constant presence, rewarded not with pepper spray in the face but with yet more loopholes and tax breaks and subsidies and contracts. You could even say Wall Street’s been occupying our atmosphere, since any attempt to do anything about climate change always run afoul of the biggest corporations on the planet. So it’s a damned good thing the tables have turned.”
Please bring signs that draw the connection between corporate greed, big polluters, clean energy, and action on climate change. Wall Street is occupying the halls of congress and the State Department so let’s get out there and occupy Wall Street, together.
See you tomorrow,
Phil Aroneanu, and the whole 350.org team
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.