Here’s the video of Judge McEwen’s call for CT’s resignation:
And here’s an ad for a new campaign connecting Thomas’s corruption to the larger issues raised by #OWS: OccupyforAccountability.org
October 26, 2011
Thomas Must Resign, Says Former Judge, Lover
By Andrew Kreig
Author and former Senate Judiciary Committee counsel Lillian McEwen, whose memoir this year describes a five-year romantic relationship in the 1980s with Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, delivers a lecture Oct. 26 calling for his resignation on grounds of corruption that is dangerous to the public.
“The mask he has worn for so long has slipped during the past 20 years to reveal dishonesty, greed, and abuse of the public trust,” she told me in an exclusive interview before her talk at the National Press Club at 7 p.m. (ET). “Fueled by self-hatred and resentment, Justice Thomas has allowed himself to be purchased.”
Her comments come during widespread concern among court scholars over its ethics, partisanship and the adverse impact on the public. “The Supreme Court,” says the cover of the widely respected Closed Chambers analysis by former court clerk Edward Lazarus, “affects the life of every American every day.” Part of the concern has been visible in many retrospectives this month on the 20th anniversary of the Thomas confirmation hearings before the Judiciary Committee, in which he denied sexually harassing his former staffer Anita Hill.
One Comment to “Clarence Thomas—perjurer, tax cheat, fanatic, party operative—has GOT TO GO, declares Judge Lilian McEwen (his former lover)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.