Citigroup Earnings Up 74 Percent
- 10/17/11 at 09:14 AM
The bank that received some $476.2 billion in cash and guarantees during the bailout — the most of all recipients — is doing okay for themselves again. Thee years later, third quarter profits total $3.8 billion, up 74 percent, making for a seventh-straight profitable quarter. Poor performances on the investment banking side, as well as big losses in domestic mortgages, kept revenue flat at $20.8 billion, but a paper gain of almost $2 billion makes earnings look all right. CEO Vikram Pandit said, “Citi continues to navigate a challenging economic environment and delivered another quarter of solid operating results.” We hear they’ve also helped inspire a protest.
2 Comments to “Citigroup earnings up 74%”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.