Citigroup Earnings Up 74 Percent
- 10/17/11 at 09:14 AM
The bank that received some $476.2 billion in cash and guarantees during the bailout — the most of all recipients — is doing okay for themselves again. Thee years later, third quarter profits total $3.8 billion, up 74 percent, making for a seventh-straight profitable quarter. Poor performances on the investment banking side, as well as big losses in domestic mortgages, kept revenue flat at $20.8 billion, but a paper gain of almost $2 billion makes earnings look all right. CEO Vikram Pandit said, “Citi continues to navigate a challenging economic environment and delivered another quarter of solid operating results.” We hear they’ve also helped inspire a protest.
2 Comments to “Citigroup earnings up 74%”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Markey looking into bogus climate studies funded by Big Oil and Coal
- US to send 300 military “instructors” to Ukraine
- Bibi’s big mouth threatening the neo-con agenda? Even Robert Kagan doesn’t want him bellowing in Congress
- Google plans to rank websites according to their “truthfulness” (GOT THAT?)
- US military officers in ethical collapse, at every level guilty of “dishonesty and deception” (Army War College report)
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Gitmo on Lake Michigan: Chicago PD's "black site" is a glaring crime against the Bill of Rights
- British court finds NO FRAUD in the research linking autism to MMR vaccine
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.