Citigroup Earnings Up 74 Percent
- 10/17/11 at 09:14 AM
The bank that received some $476.2 billion in cash and guarantees during the bailout — the most of all recipients — is doing okay for themselves again. Thee years later, third quarter profits total $3.8 billion, up 74 percent, making for a seventh-straight profitable quarter. Poor performances on the investment banking side, as well as big losses in domestic mortgages, kept revenue flat at $20.8 billion, but a paper gain of almost $2 billion makes earnings look all right. CEO Vikram Pandit said, “Citi continues to navigate a challenging economic environment and delivered another quarter of solid operating results.” We hear they’ve also helped inspire a protest.
2 Comments to “Citigroup earnings up 74%”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Stand up for an honest university! BIG RALLY on Sept. 1, in Washington Square Park
- Tens of thousands turning out for Bernie Sanders
- How Donald Trump will raise the profile of the White House
- How the players at the (so-called) Robin Hood Foundation want to make us even poorer
- British Special Forces “dressed up as ISIS rebels” fight Assad in Syria
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER! on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- 2nd Amendment was devised to keep Americans in chains on
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer on
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the "case" against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.