Citigroup Earnings Up 74 Percent
- 10/17/11 at 09:14 AM
The bank that received some $476.2 billion in cash and guarantees during the bailout — the most of all recipients — is doing okay for themselves again. Thee years later, third quarter profits total $3.8 billion, up 74 percent, making for a seventh-straight profitable quarter. Poor performances on the investment banking side, as well as big losses in domestic mortgages, kept revenue flat at $20.8 billion, but a paper gain of almost $2 billion makes earnings look all right. CEO Vikram Pandit said, “Citi continues to navigate a challenging economic environment and delivered another quarter of solid operating results.” We hear they’ve also helped inspire a protest.
2 Comments to “Citigroup earnings up 74%”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- “No comparison can be made” between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Nailed by all-white jury for “election fraud,” Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Is that President Obama’s CIA, or the CIA’s President Obama?
- Rudy Giuliani uses Eric Garner’s death to bash the Teachers Union
- Bush/Cheney convicted of war crimes in absentia
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- "No comparison can be made" between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Is that President Obama's CIA, or the CIA's President Obama?
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.