Tomorrow the Mayor of New York and the City’s police department will use taxpayers’ money to forcibly remove American citizens from Zuccotti Park, where they are peacefully assembled now in protest against the corrupt relationship between Wall Street and the government.
The Mayor is taking this action after receiving a letter of complaint from Brookfield Properties, the owners of the park.
If the Occupy Wall Street protestors return to the park, they – and presumably all future visitors to the park – will not be able to do any of the following:
– Lie down on the ground;
– Lie down on a bench;
– Put any covering on the property (note to future picnicners, your picnic blanket will be confiscated) .
If this offends your American sensibilities, please call Brookfield Properties CEO Ric Clark at 212-417-7000 to tell him that you don’t appreciate his company interfering in the Free Speech rights of American citizens.
You can also come to Zuccotti Park tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. to stand with the protesters
Or call your City Council member and tell them to put a stop to the mayor’s eviction of the Occupy Wall Street protesters. Click here to find the contact information for your council member.
It is stunning to me that the “free-est” country in the world prevents its citizens from exercising their right to free speech while making damn sure that corporations can exercise theirs.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.