Occupy Wall Street
Arrests Made at Occupy Wall Street March on Brooklyn Bridge; Times’ Natasha Lennard Reportedly Arrested
By Nick Greene Sat., Oct. 1 2011 at 5:44 PM
Police have arrested protesters at today’s Occupy Wall Street March on the Brooklyn Bridge. The New York Times says “500 people” were kettled on the bridge by police. TheTimes contributing reporter at the scene, Natasha Lennard, is said to have been arrested. A group called “globalrevolution” is livestreaming the march, and it their footage can be seen above.
The Post reports the protests have “shut down” the Brooklyn Bridge and that Charlie Rangel “tried to lend his support [but] was chased away by a heckler.” However, “the crowd came to his rescue, swamping the heckler and chanting in response: ‘Everyone has the right to speak.'”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.