Americans to Wall Street: “Pay US Back”
Thousands of Homeowners, Clergy, Congregants & Unions in 10 Cities Demand That Banks Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes, End the Mortgage Crisis and Create Jobs
(Washington, D.C.) Starting on September 20 in Washington State, everyday people fighting to create good jobs, reverse the foreclosure crisis, and build an economy that works for everyone will engage in a series of direct actions in 10 cities targeting big banks that bankrupted the country and drained wealth from American families. The direct actions primarily target JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo and include taking over bank buildings, meetings of corporate officials, civil disobedience, prayer vigils, mass mobilizations, and more.
The first of 10 direct actions will take place on September 20-21 at Suncadia, a mountain resort near Cle Elum, WA, where The Association of Washington Business (the statewide chamber of commerce) will be holding their annual policy summit. Two hundred low- and middle-income people allied with Washington Community Action Network will demand that banks, corporations and wealthy individuals pay their fair share of taxes. On September 21 from 12-1 p.m., protesters calling for an end to corporate tax loopholes will gather at JPMorgan Chase Bank in Seattle after Phyllis Campbell, Northwest Director of Chase Bank, speaks at Suncadia.
The weeks of rolling actions (schedule below) will also publicly launch The New Bottom Line, a new nationwide coalition representing more than 1,000 faith-based and community organizations that seek to hold Wall Street accountable and find solutions for struggling and middle-class families.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.