Despite the Mail’s partisan take on this scandal—that it was exclusively a Labour thing—and the inflammatory focus on Lockerbie, this article sheds more light on the West’s covert support for the “monster”/ “terrorist”/”mad dog” Qaddafi, who got a lot of help from MI6 (as he did from the CIA).
Nor, of course, would “Dear Mu’ammar” (as Tony Blair called him in one mash note) be the first Official Monster to have formerly been propped up by the same states that later deemed him Public Enemy Number One. The names “Saddam Hussein” and “Osama bin Laden” come to mind—or should—as well as (briefly) “the Taliban,” and, to pick examples from some other continents, “Manuel Noriega” and “the Khmer Rouge.”
And while “Dear Mu’ammar” was not the first such figure, he certainly was not the last one, either—since the West has also been the not-so-secret force behind the “rebel” movement that is now replacing him. That there are radical Islamists in that movement—champions of Sharia law!—is yet another grim reminder that the geniuses who manage this atrocious game can never learn from hard experience, nor do they want to, as it would ruin their careers.
Devastating secret files reveal Labour lies over Gaddafi: Dictator warned of holy war if Lockerbie bomber Megrahi died in Scotland
Devastating stash of documents left in British Ambassador’s residence
Britain gave Libyan secret police questions to interrogate dissidents
We even informed Gaddafi how Cobra works and MI6 budget
By Ian Birrell
The startling extent to which Labour misled the world over the controversial release of the Lockerbie bomber is exposed today in top-secret documents obtained by The Mail on Sunday.
In public, senior Ministers from the last Labour Government and the Scottish First Minister have repeatedly insisted that terminally ill Abdelbaset Al Megrahi was freed on compassionate grounds in a decision taken by Scottish Ministers alone.
But the confidential papers show that Westminster buckled under pressure from Colonel Gaddafi, who threatened to ignite a ‘holy war’ if Megrahi died in his Scottish cell.
2 Comments to “UK had a secret romance with “Dear Mu’ammar” Qaddafi (just like the US)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.