Pennsylvania’s state GOP lawmakers seek change in Electoral College voting
Published: Thursday, September 15, 2011, 10:43 AM
Updated: Friday, September 16, 2011, 9:04 AM
By ROBERT J. VICKERS, The Patriot-News
ANN FOSTER, The Patriot-NewsSenate Majority Leader Dominic Pileggi has put forward the plan, which has the support of Gov. Tom Corbett.
Republican lawmakers are proposing to change the way Pennsylvania’s electoral votes are counted in presidential elections, and former Gov. Ed Rendell says Democrats should sue if that plan is enacted.
Instead of a presidential candidate winning the state’s 18 electoral votes by capturing a majority of the state’s popular vote, the electoral votes would be tied to vote totals in congressional districts. Candidates would gain an electoral vote for each congressional district they win.
Senate Majority Leader Dominic Pileggi has put forward the plan, saying it would bolster the influence of a single vote. The plan is supported by Gov. Tom Corbett and House Speaker Sam Smith, R-Jefferson County.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.