Husted challenges mailing of absentee ballots to voters by county
Conservation effort will protect 2,400 acres for a price tag of $7.3M.
By Ken McCall, Staff Writer2:26 AM Thursday, September 1, 2011
Ohio’s largest county voted this week to defy Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted on his directive prohibiting county boards of elections from mailing out absentee ballot applications to all registered voters.
But Husted, a Republican and former Kettering resident, said Wednesday in a meeting at the Dayton Daily News that Cuyahoga County doesn’t have the legal right to ignore his directive.
“It’s very important that we have the same set of rules whereby we cast and count ballots in all 88 counties,” Husted said.
Group wants to put abortion ban on Ohio ballot
Published: Wed, August 31, 2011 @ 5:05 p.m.
COLUMBUS (AP) — An Ohio group is circulating petitions in an effort to add an abortion ban to the state’s constitution.
Personhood Ohio wants to put the issue before voters in 2012. It would amend Ohio’s constitution to define a person as any human being at any stage of development, including fertilization.
Planned Parenthood of Northeast Ohio CEO Tara Broderick calls the measure “dangerous and deceptive.” She says it would ban not only abortion, but all birth control in the state.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.