“Rep. Pscholka said the law would depend on co-workers who report violations by their colleagues.”
Michigan bill would jail teachers who send political emails
By Eric W. Dolan
Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 — 5:13 pm
The Republican-led Michigan House of Representatives is considering legislation that would prohibit public employees, such as teachers, from sending a political message using a publicly-owned email service.
Violating the law would result in a $10,000 fine for an organization, and a $1,000 fine and one-year imprisonment for an individual.
The House Oversight, Reform and Ethics Committee adopted the bill, HB 4052, by a 4 to 2 vote along party lines last week. It was first introduced by Republican state Rep. Al Pscholka in January, shortly after he was sworn in to his first term in service to the 79th House District.
19 Comments to “Michigan bill would jail teachers who send political emails”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.