Project “Censored 2012”: Moving Beyond Media Reform
Wednesday 7 September 2011
by: Mickey Huff, Seven Stories Press | Book Excerpt
Long before the Internet allowed for sites like Truthout and BuzzFlash to become outlets for stories ignored by the corporate media, Project Censored annually recognized news coverage that is vital to the process of an open and transparent democracy.Truthout is offering the 2012 edition of Project Censored in advance of its publication with a minimum one-time donation of $30, or a monthly commitment of $10 or more to Truthout.
As we approach the historically prophetic and now mass media-hyped “End of Times” year of 2012, hysterical speculation abounds. The failed prediction of a preacher in Oakland, California, who claimed the Rapture was upon us come May 21, 2011, was quite metaphoric as it exposed, yet again, how someone in American society is always able to captivate the corporate media by spinning doomsday yarns, whether it be Y2K or the upcoming 2012 end of the Mayan calendar (further manifest in the outpouring of Hollywood apocalypse films).
One Comment to “Media reform is crucial, but it’s not enough—so Project Censored is now going farther”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.