Walker suspends order requiring minority, women participation in construction projects
State Rep. Toles fears action will encourage discrimination in construction industry
Story compiled by MCJ Staff
In what can best be described as a stealth move that only came to light this week, Gov. Scott Walker recently suspended an executive order requiring minority and women apprentices on state construction projects.
On March 9, amidst the rancor of controversy and protests over his efforts to deny state unions collective bargaining and a proposed state budget that many observers have described as “draconian” because it severely cuts state aid for a number of quality-of-life programs,
Walker quietly signed Executive Order No. 18, which suspended Executive Order No. 108 requiring employers awarded state construction contracts to participate in Wisconsin’s apprenticeship program.
Many minority workforce advocates claimed the apprenticeship program was the only path to employment in the construction trades for minorities and women.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.