By Brad Friedman on 9/25/2011 12:19pm
The Koch Brothers: Very Rich Job Killers
First, hearty congratulations are in order to the Koch brothers who, according to Forbes, are now worth $25 billion each!
That’s up from the pathetic $17 billion each were worth back in 2009. So it looks like this economic downturn…this “Obama recession”…despite all of those “job killing tax increases” (there were none)…and “job killing regulations” (there were very very few)…seem to be working out great for the two “job creating” co-owners of Koch Industries, the oil and chemical conglomerate the brothers were fortunate enough to inherit from their father.
The combined personal wealth of the two brothers has increased a total of $16 billion dollars over the last three years under the current President — no matter what they like to suggest to the contrary when they’re speaking in places they think nobody is listening to them.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.