By Brad Friedman on 9/25/2011 12:19pm
The Koch Brothers: Very Rich Job Killers
First, hearty congratulations are in order to the Koch brothers who, according to Forbes, are now worth $25 billion each!
That’s up from the pathetic $17 billion each were worth back in 2009. So it looks like this economic downturn…this “Obama recession”…despite all of those “job killing tax increases” (there were none)…and “job killing regulations” (there were very very few)…seem to be working out great for the two “job creating” co-owners of Koch Industries, the oil and chemical conglomerate the brothers were fortunate enough to inherit from their father.
The combined personal wealth of the two brothers has increased a total of $16 billion dollars over the last three years under the current President — no matter what they like to suggest to the contrary when they’re speaking in places they think nobody is listening to them.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.