THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2011
CEO Threatens A Lawsuit Against Legal Schnauzer
The CEO of a student-housing development company is threatening to take legal action against me.
Ted Rollins, the head of Charlotte-based Campus Crest Communities, stated in an e-mail dated September 23 that “to the extent false or misleading information is published” about him or his company that he would pursue “all legal means available.”
By “legal means,” to remedy “false or misleading information,” I assume Rollins is referring to a possible defamation lawsuit against me. There is only one problem with Mr. Rollins’ threat–I haven’t written anything false or misleading about him or his company. Everything I’ve written is supported by public documents and/or multiple press reports.
One Comment to “CEO threatens to sue—i.e., shut down—a righteous blogger”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.