Occupy Wall Street: A Movement is Born
“Wall Street is War Street” – A sign at the Occupy Wall Street protest
As trading came to a close on Sept. 28, Day 12 of the Occupy Wall Street movement, hundreds of protesters took part in what has become a now-regular march on the U.S.’s leading financial institutions.
As the demonstrators filed by Wall Street’s iconic statue, calls to “castrate the bull” erupted. While passing One Chase Manhattan Plaza they chanted, “The banks got bailed out, we got sold out.”
From the bank bailouts to the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the protesters say the government is acting on behalf of an elite few, while serious needs continue to go unmet.
James McGauhey, a 26-year-old from Carthage, works with individuals with developmental disabilities. Or at least he did. McGauhey quit his job to come organize and camp out at the-now-occupied-and-renamed Liberty Plaza, located approximately a thousand yards from Wall Street.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.