Wisconsin GOPer Admits She Compared Public Schools To Nazi Germany
Evan McMorris-Santoro | July 30, 2011, 4:01PM
So now we know: the 2010 blog post deleted from a tea party social network recentlycomparing America’s public schools to Nazi Germany was in fact written by Kim Simac, a tea party organizer and the state Republicans’ choice to recall a Democratic state Senator in Wisconsin on August 9. But we still don’t know why the post mysteriously disappeared just as the election is entering the homestretch.
Incidentally, we also know this: Simac says she doesn’t think America is headed towards its own 1,000 Year Reich, though she stands by the arguments she posted back in 2010.
On a Wisconsin Public Radio interview Thursday, Simac was asked about the post, which appeared on the Patriot Action Networkback in Oct., 2010. Here’s a sample:
The scary comparisons of the indoctrination tactics of our youth today and those of the Hitler Regime of past.
I am done raising my kids but if I was a young parent today I would take my kids out of the public school system today. At what point will we stop talking about the comparisons to what is occurring today and what actually happened by the regime of the Nazi’s in the past?… Take the commercial that Glenn Beck showed from British Progressives that explains to little children that if they do not listen to their teachers recommendations on subjects such as carbon emissions, they could have their heads blown off. Add to that Kindergarten Sex Ed classes and I really wonder how it is American parents smile and kiss their children good bye every morning and in good conscience hand their most precious resource over to the hands of such questionable people.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.