WHAT HAPPENED IN WISCONSIN? WE DON’T KNOW, AND THAT’S NOT GOOD
On Tuesday August 9th a group of volunteers from around Wisconsin conducted Citizen Exit Polls in two of the six senate districts where recall elections took place. A coalition of independent, non-partisan organizations including Election Defense Alliance (EDA), Protect California Ballots, and the Wisconsin Wave helped organize volunteers and advised the group on polling techniques. The exit polls were undertaken in an attempt to monitor the integrity of an election that relied entirely on concealed vote tabulation by computers to count votes and determine outcomes.
The results of our exit polling are presented in the Table below. In every case there are sizeable disparities between the computer-tabulated votecount percentages and the percentages indicated by our exit polls respondents. And in every case the disparity is a “red shift,” the votecount percentages more favorable to the Republican candidate than are the exit poll percentages.
It is important to understand, however, that these polls could not be designed to control for response bias—a possible differential willingness to respond of Republican vs. Democratic voters. Therefore, the disparities presented in our polls could be the result of 1) Computerized mistabulation (i.e., rigging); 2) Response bias; or 3) Both. We simply have no way of knowing for sure.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top US “journalists” helped Obama hone his (propaganda) speech on ISIS
- The latest evidence that Scotland VOTED NO
- A more extensive video on the (rigged?) Scottish vote
- Was Scotland’s referendum rigged—and was it caught on tape?
- Why Earth demands this march in New York City: A reply to Arun Gupta
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Clear Channel ends "Green 960" in San Francisco; KKGN's new line-up will include Glenn Beck
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.