Wisconsin Recall Election Results: Democrats Win Two Seats, Fall Short Of Taking Over Senate
First Posted: 8/10/11 02:11 AM ET Updated: 8/10/11 09:37 AM ET
WASHINGTON — Democrats won two Wisconsin state Senate seats in Tuesday’s dramatic recall elections, but they fell short of the three needed to take the majority away from Republicans.
Six incumbent GOP state senators were forced to defend their seats on Tuesday in historic recall elections. The efforts to change the makeup of the state Senate came after Republicans passed Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s (R) controversial measure stripping public employees of their collective bargaining rights.
Even though Democrats weren’t able to take back one of the chambers of the legislature, they touted the fact that voters ousted two incumbent Republicans as a major victory.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.