Capitol Report: State looks to save millions by cutting child care subsidies
JESSICA VANEGEREN |The Capital Times | email@example.com |
State Journal archives
The state is changing its method of reimbursing in-home day care providers who accept children in the Wisconsin Shares program for low-income families.
For the past 20 years, Verona resident Joan Mrkvicka has watched as the number of low-income families in need of quality child-care services has increased in her community.
The recent hit to the economy is part of the problem, she says, and has caused a noticeable spike in the number of calls she is receiving from parents in search of a provider who accepts state child-care subsidies.
She admits there are difficulties in caring for children from low-income families: frequent scheduling changes, parents running behind with their co-payments, and an endless mound of required paperwork for the state.
One Comment to “Walker cutting millions in child care subsidies”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.