Scott Walker spends $59,000 flying around Wisconsin
Governor’s tab similar to Jim Doyle’s in first 6 months
Written by Kathleen Foody
Gov. Scott Walker spent more than $59,000 flying around Wisconsin during his first six months in office, with the bulk of the travel coming during the contentious battle over the Republican governor’s legislative agenda and budget.
In 17 trips between January and June 21, the date on which Gannett Wisconsin Media requested Walker’s travel records from the state, the governor and his staff members held press conferences, visited businesses in all corners of the state and joined other Wisconsin politicians at a celebration of the Packers’ Super Bowl win in Green Bay.
The expenses are about equal to those of Walker’s predecessors of both parties, including Democrat Jim Doyle who spent $55,649 on 27 flights in the first six months of 2010.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.