Plain Talk: Walker left Milwaukee County with ‘Titanic meets Hindenburg’ budget
DAVE ZWEIFEL | Cap Times editor emeritus | email@example.com | Posted: Monday, August 29, 2011 5:30 am
SCOTT BAUER – Associated Press
We had all better cross our fingers that Gov. Scott Walker leaves Wisconsin in better shape than he left Milwaukee County.
New Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele is struggling with an enormous budget hole and, according to newspaper accounts, there are no easy cuts left. Walker made those when he was the exec before leaving to become the governor.
Last week Adele deadpanned that all the warnings he had heard about an “alarming, severe, grim and bleak” budget hole didn’t adequately describe what he now knows is reality.
“The Titanic meets the Hindenburg” doesn’t do it justice, he said, adding that he will release his plans to address it sometime Monday. It won’t be pretty.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.