PayPal hands over 1,000 IP Addresses to the FBI, look out Anonymous
By Matt JurekJuly 30, 2011, 5:57 pm 3 Comments and 79 Reactions
PayPal was attacked by Anonymous last year when they had blocked the Wikileaks accounts transactions. Now PayPal has finally come up with enough evidence to strike back at Anonymous with the help of the FBI. PayPal has come up with a list of over 1,000 IP Addresses left behind when they were attacked by Anonymous.
From the attack last year:
PayPal has been under attack ever since they stop taking payments for Wikileaks donations. This time a 4-Chan’s Anon has actually succeeded in taking the site down. As of right now they PayPal site is not responding. MasterCard and Visa have also been under DOS attacks all day as well. Anon had been blocked on Twitter.com and Facebook earlier today which he then proceeded to attack Twitter. Twitter never went down in the attack, probably because their network has a large enough pipe to handle it but the image below shows that it actually had some effect on the servers.
These IP Addresses were left behind from the DDoS attacks which were targeted at PayPal. Those IP Addresses could prove both useful or useless to the FBI as they start their investigation. The DDoS attacks are usually performed on computers that have been infected with viruses so the owner of the machine might not even know they are playing part in the attack. However the FBI may be able to perform forensics on those computers to find out where the infection originated from.
One Comment to “PayPal strikes back against Anonymous by giving FBI 1,000 IP addresses”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.