Democrats Voted On Wednesday: Only Two Seats Flip in WI Recall
In the historical recall elections in the Wisconsin state senate, two seats held by Republicans turned blue on Tuesday. While not enough to place a bipartisan check on ALEC‘s corporate agenda favored by Gov. Walker and the conservatives, the elections were mired in dirty tricks that included election fraud and flooding of out of state money from hidden donors.
Turnout was very high in the Wisconsin recall. Many polling places reported long lines at the 8pm closing time for polls. In some areas, voting levels neared what they were for a presidential election. Turnout in the April state Supreme Court election was 35% while the 2008 presidential election that saw Obama sweep the state was 71%. The low point appeared to be the 2nd district where the Republican Rob Cowles held his seat with a 45% turnout.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.