It’s all about him.
Thus the media treats every major problem—as a PR hurdle for the President/Congress/GOP/Democrats, or whatever other elite interest is involved.
Obama faces big green tests heading into 2012
By Ben Geman – 08/20/11 05:30 AM ET
President Obama faces several politically volatile decisions that could alienate green activists heading into 2012 or motivate them to battle hard for his reelection.
The White House must consider new smog rules, planned greenhouse gas standards for power plants, oil companies’ push to drill in fragile Arctic seas and many other matters that are being intensely scrutinized by environmentalists.
And unlike the first two years of Obama’s presidency, when climate legislation collapsed in the Senate, decisions on these issues are firmly in Obama’s hands.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.