Mailing confuses some Glendale voters
By Tom Tolan of the Journal Sentinel
Aug. 8, 2011
Glendale, which had long lines at its only polling place during the July 12 Democratic primary in the 8th Senate District recall race, will open five of its six polling places for Tuesday’s general election.
Only problem: One of the many groups involved in the election, which pits Sen. Alberta Darling (R-River Hills) against Rep. Sandy Pasch (D-Whitefish Bay), didn’t get the memo, and sent out at least one mailing with faulty information.
A mailing from We Are Wisconsin, which went out on the letterhead of Democratic U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl, said that Glendale voters should vote at City Hall, not at their usual polling places. That was true for the primary, but not in Tuesday’s election.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.