Michael Prysner is a veteran of the war in Iraq and an anti-war activist
August 30th, 2011 1:25 AM
Demand justice for SSG Jared Hagemann
By Michael Prysner
Staff Sergeant Jared Hagemann, an Army Ranger in the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment at Ft. Lewis, Wash., was found on June 28 at a training area on base with a gunshot wound to the head. He was suffering from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and had been trying desperately to avoid a pending deployment to Afghanistan—what would be his 9th combat tour. He was 26-years-old, with a wife and two young children.
In 2005, SSG Hagemann came home from his first combat tour with both psychological trauma and reservations about the war he had just been a part of.
His wife, Ashley Joppa-Hagemann, said that when he returned from that first tour: “He was quiet, and wouldn’t look people in the eye. He wanted to remain hidden; he didn’t want to be around people.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.