Yes, those vote suppression laws are hideous, and must be changed.
But focusing on them alone, and totally ignoring the election fraud enabled by computerized voting with its private owners—as both these pieces do—is to give aid and comfort to the very animals who’ve passed those laws.
These two items come to us from Portside (whose editors apparently don’t get it either):
(1) Suppressing the Vote
New ID laws combat an imaginary crime wave.
By Roger Bybee
In These Times
August 12, 2011
(2) Voting-Rights Struggle Isn’t Over
By Laughlin Mcdonald & Laura W. Murphy
August 6, 2011
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.