Hopper, King steadfast as recall election nears
District, which includes Oshkosh and Fond du Lac, tagged as likely to be close
Early on, Sen. Randy Hopper (R-Fond du Lac) was tagged as one of a couple of senators targeted for recalls most likely to lose their seats.
Voters in his public-employee-heavy district quickly gathered 22,500 signatures to force the recall. His opponent, lawyer Jessica King, lost by 162 votes when they faced off for the open seat in 2008. On top of that, Hopper has had to deal with questions about an ugly divorce, where he lives and a state job for his 26-year-old girlfriend.
But Hopper, 45, a radio station owner, says his two years in office have proved that he and Gov. Scott Walker have Wisconsin on the right track to fiscal health, and he’s confident about his chances.
“It will be close, but I’ve always said, ‘more important to do my job than keep my job,’ ” he said.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.