As ever, the NYTimes and other US media are whispering that there’s no cause for alarm.
Nuclear quake risk on East Coast: 1 plant down, 12 shook
Human Rights Examiner
As a big blue Freedom Bus rolls through cities proving nuclear energy, like other non-renewable sources are inhumane, twelve U.S. nuclear plants were shaken, eight declared “unusual events,” and two extra risky reactors shut down during Tuesday’s east coast intense quake after which it was reported that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) previously “meant to identify” earthquake risks at North Anna nuclear energy plant near Tuesday’s epicenter, as various parts, systems, and hose stations at that facility “are not seismically designed.”
North Anna’s two reactors [in Virginia] were still shut Wednesday morning, unable to open until almost noon, although no damage was reported at the other eleven facilities in “walk throughs” according to Associated Press.
Among the twelve shaken nuclear energy plants Tuesday was New Jersey’s Oyster Creek plant, the nation’s oldest in operation according to Associated Press.
One Comment to “Earthquake nuke risk on East Coast: 1 plant down, 12 shook”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.