I’m forced to write to you again, in hopes that you can manage a donation to help keep this service going. If we can get enough of our devoted readers to commit to just a couple bucks a month, we can keep NFU alive without my having to write any more of these please-give appeals. (Believe me, I don’t like writing them any more than you like reading them.)
Below is the last fund-raising pitch that I sent out. It makes the case more fully than I’m doing here, and tells you how to sign up for a (very) modest monthly contribution, if that’s what you can do.
Many thanks for sticking with us, at a time when we need all the truth that we can get.
If you get News from Underground—by email, Twitter, Facebook, or by visiting the blog—I hope you’ll help us keep it going with a small donation. We don’t need much, as we’re a very modest and efficient operation; but it does cost us a little bit to keep it up; and so, from time to time, we have to turn to you for some assistance. And such a time is now.
Now, when I say “small donation,” I do mean it. If things are tight for you right now (they’re pretty tight for most of us these days), you can arrange to have one dollar every month, or two, or five, sent automatically. (If you can manage somewhat more, that would be great, as it will help us keep our focus on the news.) Whatever you can do will mean a lot to us, because it means you want to help us make a difference.
And, as I’ve said before, that’s what we’re trying to do—and it’s a lot. It may not take a ton of money, but it does take time and thought, and technical resources, to find the news that people need to hear, and to present it, and explain it, in a way that makes its meaning and importance clear. By doing that daily work—and getting you to spread the word as well—we can get others to perceive that we need radical reform (some dare call it revolution), and that such change (real change) is possible.
Without you, we can’t do it. With you, we can certainly do that, and thereby help the rest do much, much more, by fighting back at last, until we win.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Talkin' World War One Blues...
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.