Delta Air Lines’ slogan is “Safety First,” but it might as well be “Money First.”
Delta is pushing a shameful union-busting campaign in Congress, holding up billions in funding for crucial Federal Aviation Administration projects by insisting on new, unfair rules for airline workers who want to organize a union.
The result? More than 4,000 FAA safety inspectors and other agency employees went without paychecks, $2.5 billion worth of airport projects stalled, nearly 70,000 private contract workers laid off, and a weekly cost of $200 million for American taxpayers totalling $400 million.
Last week, Congress temporarily restored FAA funding, but another shutdown is looming on September 16 because Delta continues to push its unfair union election rules.
We can stop them, but only if we send a strong, united message that union-busting at Delta won’t fly. Join thousands of your fellow workers, passengers, and everyday Americans by signing CWA’s petition to Delta Air Lines.
Delta and its political friends plan to hold the nation hostage again on September 16, when the short-term bill expires. Delta is insisting on an undemocratic rule that would count workers who don’t take part in a union election as voting “No” — an absurd demand that would undermine the entire system of majority-rule voting.
No election in the United States — from Presidential elections to American Idol — uses this voting system.
Delta’s purpose is clear: to make it harder for its workers to organize and collectively bargain for better pay and benefits, working conditions, and job security. The airline is so intent on denying its workers’ rights that it’s holding hostage billions in funding for crucial FAA infrastructure projects to improve our nation’s airline system.
That’s not going to fly. Join CWA in telling Delta to stop its union-busting ways and let Congress pass a clean FAA Reauthorization bill:
Online Mobilization Coordinator
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.