Hold George W. Bush and Dick Cheney Accountable for Torture
Take Action On This Issue
Former President George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney have stated that they endorsed the use of waterboarding. President Obama has acknowledged that waterboarding is torture. Torture is a crime under international law, and anyone involved must be brought to justice.
The admissions of the former President and Vice President are enough to trigger the USA’s obligations to open an investigation. We are calling on our members to urge Attorney General Holder to open a criminal investigation into the role former President Bush, former Vice President Cheney, and other officials played in torture.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.