Wisconsin Democrat Dave Hansen defeats David VanderLeest in Senate recall election
10:00 PM, Jul. 19, 2011
The Associated Press has declared Democrat Dave Hansen the winner of the Wisconsin Senate, District 30 recall election.
With 47 of 72 precincts reporting, Hanson has 69 percent of the vote with 13,675 to VanderLeest’s 6,191.
“I think we started something here in northeast Wisconsin,” Hansen told supporters at the Riverside Ballroom tonight.
CONSPIRACY THEORY IN AMERICA
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Japan state secrets bill “approved” by force, as Abe starts new “reign of terror” to keep Fukushima under wraps (7)
- Dubai jails a US citizen for posting a comedy video to YouTube #freeshez
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP!
- US labor force declined by 25,000, despite 2.4 million RISE in employable Americans
- Outraged by fracking, hundreds storm a Chevron site in Romania
- wombat on What’s the matter with Alabama? Roger Shuler kept in jail indefinitely, paraded into court IN CHAINS
- Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014 :: News … | Save The Pacific Ocean on Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014
- Gus Wynn on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Robin Roland on Score one (at last) for the Election Integrity movement!
- Julie on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren's petition to halt "fast track" of TPP!
- Clear Channel to shut down leftwing talk stations in LA, SF
- Iceland, in a peaceful revolution, busts the banksters & throws out its government! (Now THAT's democracy!)
- Clear Channel ends "Green 960" in San Francisco; KKGN's new line-up will include Glenn Beck
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.