From Cell Whitman:
Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal Alsaud, the second largest News Corporation shareholder behind Rupert Murdoch, has spoken out amid the continuing crisis for the firm. (Murdoch owns 12% and the Saudi Prince owns 7% of News Corp/Fox News)
The second biggest News Corp. shareholder after the Murdoch family called for News International Chief Executive Rebekah Brooks to step down due to a phone-hacking scandal that continues to disgrace the company.
“For sure she has to go, you bet she has to go,” Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said in an appearance on BBC’s Newnight Thursday.
But Murdoch stressed that journalism needs to stay perseverant, independent and “hard-driving” in order to expand and cater to the new world of modern mass communication. He emphasized the idea that no matter how prominent digital media becomes, there will always be the need for credible sources and “a professional seeking to uncover facts no matter how uncomfortable.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.