Wisconsin ‘Government Accountability Board’ Shuts Down Recall Election Exit Polling
By Emily Levy on 7/13/2011 10:58am
Says nonpartisan polling ‘electioneering’ because candidates’ names appear on exit poll ‘ballot’
UPDATED TWICE: G.A.B. responds, then corrects original response…
Guest blogged by Emily Levy
UPDATE 7/16/11: After being told that Magney was wrong in his contention that “Regular exit pollsters conduct their business by interviewing voters and recording the answers themselves,” he wrote back to say:
I think they’re done both ways. We’ve just recently received some information about exit polls being done in writing, so I’m feeling a bit unsure of what I wrote earlier, so you might leave that out. We’re going to be talking with EDA soon to discuss future polls so we’re all on the same page.
Reid Magney, public information officer
Wisconsin Government Accountability Board
In fact, The BRAD BLOG has confirmed that Election Defense Alliance (EDA) has been in discussions with the G.A.B., and seem to have worked things out to allow for exit polls in this Tuesday’s upcoming recall election (two Republican recall election primaries, and one actual recall election for one Democratic state Senator). We may have more details on that here soon.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.