Tea Partiers And GOP Christians Respond To Criticism With Death Threats
July 9, 2011
It is fashionable for teabaggers and conservatives to cite the Founding Fathers’ original intent in the Constitution as a solution to every problem America is facing, but especially since Barack Obama was elected president. The ignorant neo-conservatives really have no conceptual understanding of the Constitution, but they still make reference to the Founders’ intent for every issue they feel strongly about whether it is taxation, education, or the Affordable Health Act. The Constitution has become a sacred cow of conservatives and alleged patriots, but they fail to understand the most basic premise of the 1st Amendment and become violently angry at any citizen who exercises the rights guaranteed in the document.
The First Amendment guarantees religious freedom, free speech, and freedom of the press and yet there are a great number of people who deny those rights to all Americans because they disagree with a message or an individual’s failure to follow the Christian religion. Many people who claim to be ardent supporters of America and its guarantee of freedom and liberty are the first to protest when another citizen exercises any of the 1st Amendment’s guarantees, and they make every attempt to silence free speech through intimidation, threats, and acts of violence.
The people most likely to impede other citizens’ 1st Amendment rights are generally neo-conservatives and religious fanatics who have anointed themselves super-patriots because they sing America’s praises, and as is normal for self-anointed patriots, their belief that anything contradicting their view of America is false and worthy of being silenced. These “uber-patriots” have taken the 1960’s catch-phrase, “America, love it or leave it,” to a level that makes Adolf Hitler or Josef Stalin’s tactics pale in comparison. There are really horrible people who make it their practice to intimidate journalists, entertainers, and private citizens who do not praise conservative policies or accept religious dogma and it pollutes the Constitution as well as America’s reputation as a free country. In the neo-conservative ultra-religious segment of the population who hates equal rights and free speech, freedom is reserved for one line of thought; theirs.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.