This show is GREAT!
“In the form of Steve Cuiffo, Lenny Bruce is brought back from the dead.” So said The New York Times, and as News From Underground readers know, the Times is sometimes correct in its assertions, and in this case one hundred percent correct. STEVE CUIFFO IS LENNY BRUCE and for three Saturday nights in July (7/9, 16 and 23) Lenny comes ALIVE IN GREENWICH VILLAGE, bringing his nightclub act back to Bleecker Street, specifically to the former Village Gate, now (Le) Poisson Rouge on Bleecker between Sullivan and Thompson.
It is no exaggeration to say that actor Steve Cuiffo delivers a sublime, hyper-real, verbatim resurrection of Lenny Bruce at the height of his powers – before the obscenity busts that brought about his untimely end – hitting his marks (religion, race, sex, drugs, the flag) with thrilling, be-bop accuracy. These performances offer contemporary audiences a rare opportunity to reflect on the insights and warnings of America’s most hilarious and unrelenting cultural critic, a man whose work, in retrospect, can only be characterized as brave, prophetic and certainly patriotic.
J a n i n e
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.