| Tuesday in NYC: Tell Governor Cuomo: Don’t lift New York’s fracking ban!
Since Governor Cuomo’s Department of Environmental Conservation issued recommendations to lift New York State’s ban on fracking, and open 85% of the state to this dangerous drilling method, grassroots opposition has been fierce.
Nearly 30,000 New Yorkers have signed our petition to Governor Cuomo, and more than 1500 activists have made calls to his office. Now, we need to keep up the pressure on.
Tuesday in Manhattan, our friends at Food and Water watch are organizing a rally to send a message to Governor Cuomo that he must reconsider this plan to endanger New York’s water. The details are below. Can you be there?
The Department of Environmental Conservation is recommending opening the majority of the state to fracking. And while the watersheds of New York City and Syracuse would be protected, the recommended protection of these areas is an acknowledgment of the dangers fracking poses to our water.
All New York water must be protected from this dangerous method of gas drilling.
As the Governor’s administration continues working on this policy over the summer, we need to send a strong message that New Yorkers are going to keep fighting this bad decision until all New York water is protected.
Thank you for protecting our water from fracking.
Elijah Zarlin, Campaign Manager
P.S. If you haven’t yet called the Governor’s office, click here to make a call and ask Governor Cuomo not to overturn New York’s fracking ban. (You can leave a message over the weekend, but will need to wait till Monday to speak to a live person.)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.