State government halts, finger pointing starts
by Tom Scheck, Minnesota Public Radio
July 1, 2011
St. Paul, Minn. — The Minnesota state government shut down early Friday after budget talks broke down Thursday between Gov. Mark Dayton and GOP legislative leaders.
The shutdown leaves more than 20,000 Minnesotans out of work and others without state services.
The sticking point to negotiations late Thursday night was the same as it was at the start of the legislative session: taxes.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.