Condi Rice, hailing Ronald Reagan’s wondrous legacy, imagines “a Europe whole, free and at peace,” thanks to him. You have to see and hear it to believe it:
Ronald Reagan statue unveiled in London – video
Former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice and foreign secretary William Hague unveil a statue outside the US embassy in London’s Grosvenor Square to mark the former US president’s centenary
“A Europe at peace”?
Now here’s some truth about that legacy:
Published on Sunday, July 10, 2011 by Al Jazeera
Reagan Mythology is Leading US Off a Cliff
During Reagan’s presidency, the US went from a creditor to debtor nation and marked a take-off for financial inequality.
by Paul Rosenberg
As things stand today, the US is hurtling toward a budget showdown in less than a month. Either President Obama will once again capitulate to extreme Republican budget-slashing demands, making Democrats seem as much of a threat to Medicare as Republicans, and virtually ensuring a GOP electoral sweep in 2012, or the US will default on its debt for the first time in its history, most likely plunging the world economy back into another five-continent recession, also costing Democrats the 2012 elections. These are the options left for a president and a political class completely divorced both from reality, and its own history of how one of the three greatest US presidents of all time steered the country from the brink of collapse eight decades ago
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.