Kathy Nickolaus’ Got a Brand New Bag (& Investigator) and Other WI Election-related News
By Brad Friedman on 7/20/2011 1:46pm
We were off the grid for much of last week, blissfully ignorant somewhere in the mountains of Arizona, as the first of Wisconsin’s series of state Senate recall-related elections took place last Tuesday. Thanks to, quite literally,”fake Democrats” put up by the state Republican Party, the six elections held last Tuesday were forced to be Democratic primary elections, instead of Republican recall elections, as the state GOP hoped to game the system to buy more time before six of their state Senators will be forced to face the real recall elections.
Last week’s, largely pointless elections cost the state nearly half a million bucks. Remember that fake “budget emergency” the GOP and Scott Walker claimed as their reason for the need to strip the right of citizens to collectively bargain with the state? Guess the state wasn’t in such dire straits after all, since they could afford to blow money on elections meant only to buy Republicans time to stave on the unprecedented recall challenges.
The real recall elections to unseat six Republican state Senators are now scheduled for August, as all six of the real Democrats soundly defeated each of the Republicans’ “fake Democrats” in last week’s primaries. At least according to Wisconsin’s unverified, computer-tabulated results. 5 of the 6 real Dems reportedly received over 60% of the vote against their fake opponents. One received 54%.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.