Barack Herbert Hoover Obama
From today’s radio address:
Government has to start living within its means, just like families do. We have to cut the spending we can’t afford so we can put the economy on sounder footing, and give our businesses the confidence they need to grow and create jobs.
Yep, the false government-family equivalence, the myth of expansionary austerity, and the confidence fairy, all in just two sentences.
Now compare that point to this one:
FOCUS: For Obama a Turn Towards Populism
Keith Laing, The Hill
The report begins: “President Obama is taking a populist turn with his assault on tax breaks for corporate jet owners. Obama is pressing Republicans to sacrifice part of the $3 billion tax credit in a deal to raise the federal debt ceiling.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.