FBI Investigation: Front page story on MSNBC.com http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43750733/ns/world_news-europe/
Congress Members: http://mediamatters.org/blog/201107130021
Ninth person to be arrested in News Corp Hacking/Bribery scandal: http://wvgazette.com/News/politico/201107140379
For Immediate Release Contact: Naomi Seligman, 310.617.4577, Naomi@FitzGibbonMedia.com
FBI Announces Examination Of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp For Illegal Hacking Of Americans’ Phones, Including 9/11 Victims
ProtectOurElections.org Urged Probe Under The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Earlier This Week
Group Now Asks For Investigation To Include Million Dollar Payments To Weaken FCPA
Washington, DC – ProtectOurElections.org
On Monday, the advocacy group ProtectOurElections.org sent a letter
“The FBI is moving in the right direction,” ProtectOurElections attorney and spokesman Kevin Zeese. “We will continue our calls for federal agencies to investigate and also seize News Corp documents as quickly as possible so more evidence is not destroyed. “
In light of The Guardian’s report that News Corp paid the Chamber of Commerce a million dollars to lobby for a weakening of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and gave another million and a quarter to the Republican Governors Association, ProtectOurElections.org is calling for the FBI to investigate whether those payments amounted to a scheme to cover up bribes that had already been paid in the UK. The question is, at the time those payments were made, whether News Corp knew that it had delivered bribes and was facing prosecution in the US if those bribes became public.
“If these payments were in fact protection money to cover up criminal activity, then News Corp could potentially be investigated for obstruction of justice in the United States,” Zeese said.
“In short, we call on the FBI to leave no stone unturned.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.