Proposed health cuts may limit access further
A new government proposal would cut reimbursement rates for doctors who accept Medicare by 30 percent in 2012. And hundreds of billions of dollars in reductions in both Medicare and Medicaid are on the table now as the Obama administration and Republicans negotiate over the budget.
The potential cuts are raising concerns for the more than 100 million Americans who rely on the programs, as well as the doctors who treat them.
Dr. David Ansell, author of “County: Life, Death & Politics at Chicago’s Public Hospital” and chief medical officer of Chicago’s Rush University Medical Center, is one of those doctors.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.