Cash-Seeking Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Wants Some Of That Sweet, Sweet Koch
First Posted: 7/8/11 10:05 AM ET Updated: 7/8/11 01:56 PM ET
One of the generic political stories that has been told again and again over the course of the past year is the ground-level battles between progressive activists and the Koch Brothers — those uber-wealthy, climate change-denying, union-busting heads of a major energy conglomerate. The Kochs are perhaps best known for big donations to the GOP, semi-secret conclaves with the bete-noires of the liberal set, and for being the kind of people who can get Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker on the phone, lickety-split.
Now, you wouldn’t think that there would be much affinity between the Kochs and the establishment Democratic Party. But you’d be wrong! Apparently, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee heard about the Koch Brothers and said, “Hmmm. Koch Brothers, eh? Does their money fold like everyone else’s money? I can put their money in my wallet, you say? Okay, then we would like to have some of that money, please!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.